West Bradford is a small village, with only a population of 564, lying 43km west of the City of Bradford and 4km north of Clitheroe. In the domesday book, it was noted as Bradeford, and in the 13th century, it was documented as Bradford in Bouland. Since the 14th century, it has been part of the liberty of Slaidburn, which was once a part of the ancient Lordship of Bowland.
The name West Bradford was introduced to help the postal service differentiate between it and it’s larger eastern city of the same name, and from 1889 to 1974, West Bradford was part of the West Riding of Yorkshire.
In West Bradford, there is a pub, the 3 Millstones Inn, and a beautiful hotel and venue, Eaves Hall which was the headquarters of Brooke Bond Tea during the Second World War.